1883 - The Canton Branch is built! The chimney features an emblem with the year on it. This is the date that is on our logo as well.
February 15, 1886 - The Canton Branch opens to the public, the 4th original branch library in the Enoch Pratt Free Library system
1993 - The Friends of the Canton Library forms
November, 1994 - The Friends painted entire wrought iron fence surrounding the library
September, 1996 – The Friends painted the entire meeting room in the Canton Library
February 8, 1995 – The Friends host one of the first gatherings of the Southeast Library Coalition
2005 – The Friends sponsor a Canton Cooks reprint
2012 - Canton Library closes for renovations
February 12, 2016 - Canton Library re-opens to the public after nearly four years of renovation and celebrates 130th birthday. You can read more about the process, as well as our involvement in it, here and here.
June, 2017 - The Friends of the Canton Library announce new logo, branding, website, and revive Facebook and newsletter campaigns